Thursday, 23 August 2007

Chilling in the US of A


The land of tennis playing grannies and chlorine infested swimming pools. Bet they did not tell you that is what Florida is about. And I must admit, Mads never explicitly explained how hot it really is. Not only do I have to put up with converting everything to a unit I understand, spending days trying to figure out how much 92 F is in Celsius degrees, I also have to think of gallons, ounces and so on. The children have figured out that the best time is to be had at the swimming pool which is respectfully kept permanentlybelow 105. But the air is heavier than Kinshasa air with all its pollutants. I am told by my worldly husband that Florida's humidity is comparable to Mombasa's.

We cannot even work outside on the deck without shedding 20 litres of bodíly water. But I am definitely not complaining about the heat though, I would rather have that than the cold.

2 comments:

blackgirl on mars said...

So, I've caught up with you! It all sound WONDERFUL!!! So Fika went to Build a Bear? I didn't even think my little commie son knew about it, but my mom mentioned it to him and his eyes popped out of his head. They spent a day there while in New York! You take care of your wonderful family. You are missed. I look forward to hearing more of your lovely adventures. Kai and Ben are doing very well. Kisses!

Afrodite said...

Took me a while to find you guys; I was still going to your original blog and wondering why you were not updating it! Sounds like you're having so much fun!! I'm trying to enjoy it vicariously through you from the chaos of my desk. Not sure about December anymore. Am thinking let's try Jan/Feb. Luv, L.